Monday, February 12, 2007

Rude Singaporeans.

Hmmph.. I'm actually pretty disgusted by this woman I saw on the MRT just now, while I was on the way back from Orchard.

Here I was, sitting on the MRT seat. She had a large backpack and was carrying a large John Little plastic bag of which contained a pillow (I think). At any rate, she tried to make eye contact with me and succeeded.

She eyeballed me with a "Aren't you supposed to get up and give me the seat?" kind of look. I looked her over and saw that she wasn't old, wasn't pregnant and was fit and in the prime of health.

Anyway, I ignored her glare and proceeded to give up my seat for a pregnant lady. If you say that I could have showed some gallantry and should have given up my seat for her, please be reminded that she glared at me to try and get me to give up my seat. And anyway, the pregnant lady needed it more.

If you honestly want to know, glaring at me to make me capitulate just ain't gonna cut it. If you're an able strong limbed person, I see absolutely no reason to give up my seat on the train for you.

No comments: