Sunday, April 1, 2007

JC Camp

Hey all! Its been sometime since I last updated my blog. Getting lazy and all.. Oh well. Anyway, got back from camp on Friday. Hahaha. Boy, was it fun. Really got to know my classmates and we emerged as THE CHAMPION CLASS!! Whoo! GO 43A!!!

Anyway, some of our (mis)adventures at the Changi camp, were during the dragon boating activity.

We capsized.

OK. It was supposed to capsize apparently, as we were supposed to have a capsize drill, but I was expecting the drill to be something around the lines of: "OK guys, we're gonna capsize the boat now. So if you feel any tipping and the water's coming in over the side, don't panic."

Didn't happen.

What really went on was: "AARGH!!! The boat's tipping!!! WATCH OUT!!! AARGH!!! ...blub... HELP!! ...blub...Where's he/she?! ..blub.. Still under water!! ..blub.." So anyway, it was really fun though, floating around the sea while we waited AND we began to sing Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On to kill time while we waited for the rescue boat. Hahaha.. It was damn fun though..

Then, sleeping at night was a pain for everyone apparently. Because of the location of the camp, planes that were landing at Changi airport, would fly directly over our heads. Thus, I had the recurring nightmare of waking up every time the plane flew over my head that it was going to crash into our bunk and everyone was going to die.

Speaking of nightmares, one of my friends had a nightmare too of the capsized dragon boat, where everyone in the class drowned. I thought it was freaking funny at that moment in time.

Anyway, so nice to hear from you again DiLo.. Thought you died when you didn't reply to my message. Listen, we HAVE to keep in touch alright? CLOSE friends do NOT drift apart like that. Got it? Good.

Here's to seeing you soon.

Cheers,
Jon

No comments: